Are you experiencing financial difficulties, and are unable to afford your pet's medical expenses?
- Have an honest conversation with your veterinarian to see what your options are.
- Ask your veterinarian if they can access the ABVMA 'Tails of Help' program for you
- Apply for financing through PetCard
- Do you have an emergency credit card or line of credit you can access?
- Start a crowdfunding page (such as GoFund Me) to ask for assistance for a medical bill from family & friends. Tell your story and share pictures!
- Check with friends and family for a possible short term loan in the event of a life-threatening emergency.
- Veterinary schools will sometimes take on unique cases as a learning tool.
- Start a savings plan. This doesn't have to be a huge amount, but some money tucked away "just in case" can be a good emergency buffer.
- What can you give up for the next 6 months to pay off a big vet bill? Are there nonessentials you could forego (restaurants, daily coffee or entertainment?) for several months?
You can also contact Furry Friends Food Foundation for assistance with pet food.