The only way the Medicine Hat SPCA can create the kind of animal centre our community needs is with your help. It is fair to say that the community needs the Medicine Hat SPCA — and the Medicine Hat SPCA needs the community. Support from people like you and businesses and organizations throughout the region is essential. You are invited to help make this new facility a reality by donating to the 'Extreme Shelter Makeover' Campaign!
Our Goals are to:
- Better manage disease transmission through properly vented isolation rooms and new apoxy resin flooring throughout.
- Re-finish the exterior, re-paint the entire interior of the facility and add new signage.
- Enhance the flow in high traffic areas by redesigning some of the current spaces.
- Improve the exterior green areas and holding areas for the dogs.
- Purchase higher quality, less destructible dog runs that have more of a 'homey' feeling to them.
- Add portals to our existing stainless steel cat cages, and enhance the community cat rooms with new cages to reduce stress for the cats.
- Add on an extension to the existing building to create a much needed Humane Education/Training space, a staff room, an additional washroom and office space.
- Increase revenue opportunities by expanding the size of our current Pet Gear Store and adding a public Dog Wash area.
The renovations will take place in 4 stages:
Stage 1: Holding Area (Cat side, HVAC, Plumbing)
Stage 2: Holding Area (Dog side, Outdoor Area)
Stage 3: Building Addition for Education/Training Space
Stage 4: Adoptions Area
You are invited to help make this new facility a reality by donating to the 'Extreme Shelter Makeover' Campaign!
Please click here to make a donation towards our building renovation!
For more information and to find out about Sponsorship Opportunities, view our full Case for Support by clicking here.