The mission of the Medicine Hat Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is to provide protective care for sick, injured, homeless and unwanted animals and to promote humane attitudes and responsible pet ownership.
To accomplish this, there must be acceptance that humans are responsible for the welfare of animals; and there must be an understanding of the physical and behavioral needs of animals.
The Medicine Hat Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is guided by a humane ethic to build a community that universally values animals, understands their needs, and takes action to meet them.
The Medicine Hat Humane Society serves the community and surrounding area by:
- To have an open door policy, no animal is turned away at any time.
- To provide humane care and shelter for all homeless animals
- To place adoptable pets in forever homes.
- To promote spaying and neutering for all companion animals.
- To promote responsible pet ownership and the respect for all life through humane education.
- To protect all animals from inhumane treatment.
- To speak out for those that cannot speak for themselves.